Sunday 14 October 2012

Painting fence for national park


   On 29th of September, I went to a city called Dankin. There was a national park called the Prioksko-Terrasny National Park and on that day, my father's company had decided to go there and helped them as it was their Clean-Up Day. At the park, there were several activities that I could have taken. Transferring timbers to another place, painting fence and etc. My family went there and my mom and I went to paint the fence but my d ad went to transfer timbers.

   I and others who volunteered for painting the fence got a basket of green paint and a brush for each. It was my first time painting fences so at first, it came to me as a hard work. But as I was working more and more, I had a know-how to paint fences. The time went so fast and after I and others finished the work, it was already 4 hours past since we started painting. After I finished the work, I was confident that I took part in the Clean-Up day in Proksko-Terrasny National Park. Few days later, I also got a certificate which confirms that I actually spent 4 hours of volunteering works in the park.


  • Developing new skills
    • I developed my painting skills which I had never had before. As I already mentioned, it also allow me to obtain a know-how of painting.
  • Working collaboratively with others
    • I worked with other my father's acquaintances and their family. To finish the work faster everyone who attended for the work should have worked collaboratively with others and it also made us work easily since painting was not as easy as it was seen.
  • Undertaking new challenges
    • It was my first time that I took part in a national park's work and painting fence was also the first opportunity in my life. I, at first, thought that it would be interesting and easy but it was not as easy as I thought but I thought that I would be easier if I have another chance that I can actually take part in painting work.
  • Showing perseverance and commitment
    • I almost worked for 4 hours to finish the work that I and others were given. I couldn't have a rest while everyone was working. So I needed to bear the pains that I have until everyone decided to have a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment