Saturday 16 June 2012

Pop-up card



It is not long ago that I knew about pop-up cards. I knew it from my Korean friend when she uploaded some photos of her piece of work. I learned how to make pop-up card from her. When I first got the idea of pop-up card, it seemed hard but when I knew the principles of it, I realised that it was easier than I thought. I decided to make these cards to yr 13 students who were leaving after the IB exams.  I started with an easy one which is the picture above. At first, I needed a template so I searched on the internet to find one. Secondly, the template should have been printed out and then put on a piece of color paper to cut as drawn on the template. When it's cut, the color paper should fold up to make it 3 dimensional. I watched a tutorial to complete the rest parts after cut the template.
From this activity,
  •  I have undertaken a new challenge because I made pop-up card for the first time.
  •  I have also shown perseverance and commitment in my activities as I should have worked on it for a long time to complete. Cutting the template and paste papers each other were the most time consuming work while making one. 
  • It also associates with developing new skills. I had found an amazing piece of pop-up card which also seems hard to make. I want to practice more and hopefully, I want to make the card in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment