Monday 19 September 2011

10km Fun Run

     Moscow international peace marathon was held on 9th of September, I arrived behind the Basils cathedral to meet Mr o'connor. I got my number card from him and I also got some information about the marathon such as the course. After 30minutes, students and some teachers stood behind the start line and as soon as the  marathon started, I ran. But not so fast. I accompanied with Nasha however, as she had got some pains on her foot, I and she stopped  running after a few minutes and started to walk. We were walking when Mr o'connor came to us and suggested us to run. We ran again. I could feel that Mr o'connor was encouraging us to run so that we could get the finish line in 2 hours. I mostly walked with Nasha but at last, I ran about 600m with Mr o'connor and reached the finish point in 1hour 55minutes.

     It was my first marathon experience in my life. It was also a new big challenge for me. Moreover, as I accompanied with Nasha who had pains on her foot, I kept the same pace with her and sometimes I tried to go forward so that I could cheer her up because she might have walked a little bit faster to catch me up. I suppose this action can be seen as a collaboration. Also, I needed to walk or sometime run to the final point which was 10km far away from the start point thus I should have been perseverant not to give up during the marathon. Surprisingly, my legs did not hurt as much as before, the period after the sports day on 15th of September. I believe my legs have got stronger than before as I ran continually since sports day.

No comments:

Post a Comment