Sunday 25 September 2011

Presentation about IB diploma programme.

     This presentation was prepared for 5 days and it was tended to introduce IB diploma programme to yr 10 and 11 students. My team, Gogol, had to explain about 6 subjects which end up 42 points in IB. I decided to explain about group 6 - the arts and electives. I tried to introduce all of subjects in group 6 which are visual art, computer science, psychology, chemistry and economics and hoped that my information would help yr 10 and 11 students who will have IB diploma programme either 1 or 2 years later. On Tuesday, the 20th of September, yr 12 students all gathered in Mrs gray's room after period 1 and 2. I had a rehearsal before the real presentation during the period 3 and 4 then yr 12 students had each team's own presentation in front of yr 10 and 11 students in the hall. I think it went well. Everyone did well and I was also satisfied with my result after presentation.

   It was the first time that I presented in front of people in English so I was really worried about my presentation. However, I believe that it made me more prepared to my presentation and that was why it was a new huge challenge for me. After the presentation, I was proud of myself as well. Moreover, the fact that I presented to other students actually grew my own knowledge about IB diploma programme. Thus, I increased my awareness of my own strengths. My presentation was prepared for 5 days. It was planned and initiated new activities. In addition, I worked collaboratively with other members of my house - Gogol. In the end, I felt that I developed my presentation skills because I had not get used to presenting anything to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment