Wednesday 14 September 2011

Badminton [13th of Sep.]

    I had decided to stay after school on every Tuesday to join the badminton club because participating the sport club is a good example of an action activity for CAS. Furthermore, I had also thought that I did not have time to play any sports after I finished IGCSE. Actually, when I was yr 10 or 11, I had PE classes in school so I had opportunities to play sports. However, there is no PE classes  from yr 12 so badminton was a good choice because normally, badminton doesn't need difficult skills such as basketball or football. Thus, it seemed to be a perfect activity for me.

     I cannot remember when was the last time that I played badminton so, at first, I was quite worried to play games as a team of two. I was not sure about my badminton skills. But as time went, I began to get how to play. There were 6 people in the club and we divided into 3 teams of 2 and we played a game with each team. After we matched up with all the other teams, we changed the partner and played again in the same way we did.

    I learned the rules of badminton which are, for example, I should swap the position with my partner when I get point and I should serve a shuttlecock over a limited line. In addition, it was the first time for me that played badminton in a team with serious rules. I could feel that I was having a new challenge from the matches. Playing games in a team actually hepled me to be close to everyone who was in the club and it was a good experience of collaboration because I and my partner worked together to hit the shuttlecock. I learned more skills about badminton. For instance,  I would better to use the power of my wrist in order to hit the shuttlecock strongly.

No comments:

Post a Comment