Tuesday 6 September 2011

The First Day of Yr12 [IB Induction Day]

     On the first day of September, I went back to school after a long summer holiday. I was very excited because of the fact that I actually start IB diploma programme. At first we had an assembly in the gym and after the assembly, yr12 and yr13 students stayed in the gym. Yr12 students were divided into some groups and had some activities such as building a highest structure in a limited time, wrapping an egg so as to keep the egg safe after we drop from a higher position and making a circle with blindling eyes.

      After break time, all of yr12 and 13 students gathered in the hall. We were again divided into some groups of 4 and we were taught how to make a kite with a big black plastic bag and wooden sticks. Even though we learned how to make it, we also needed to think about the details of kite ourselves. We went to a park to fly the kites. Students were running to fly their kite. Only a few of kite flew and most of them could not fly because the wind was actually weak. However despite flying kite was not really successful, it was true that I liked the activity much.

     Overall I enjoyed the activities a lot and it was a chance to improve my communication skills and cooperation skills as we worked in a group of 3 and 4. I felt that I became closer with my classmates than before I did these activities. During the period of making kites, I was able to get some new techniques. Especially when I had to think about the details of the kite. My group was also not really successful in flying kite but apart from wind, I could also learn from this failure that tapes should not have used much because the tape made the kite not able to fly well. In the end these activties were new exciting experience and challenges to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment